« Home | The Chronicles » | The Answer » | Reflections » | Summer Rain » | Nostalgia » | IIM K GD/PI Experience » | Rang De Basanti » | Crossroads » | The Cookie Crumbles » 

Saturday, December 06, 2008 

When Dreams come visiting

I had a dream, said Martin Luther King and well they say, that changed the world.

I too have a dream, none too lofty or grand as dreams in the world generally go, but a dream that I hold dear and close to my heart more that anything else. Dreams from a boy, too young to dream about true love, too innocent to understand its depth. But funnily enough amidst all my dreams of turning into Superman, or bending it better than Beckham, I also had this dream about a girl. A girl so lovely, so full of charm and so in love with me. I dreamt about a happiness beyond happiness, a love beyond love. I was her saviour, her Prince charming and she, my soulmate in every way. She was always just the girl, no face that I could remember, no voice that I could recall. But she was always there, in my dreams, holding my hand and smiling at me.I knew it was a dream.

I knew that like my other dreams of flying around in bright red undies and a blue cape, this dream too was always going to be just that, a dream. Oh yeah, I did know that I eventually would be with someone, someone who I would spend my life with. But I also believed that she could and never would be the girl, the girl who walked beside me in my dreams.

It did make me wonder sometimes, Where does a man truly live? Is he only truly alive in his dreams and imaginations and hope? Is the real world where he just exists but doesnt really live ?? Questions that I had no answers to, doubts that stayed that way. So I trudged along through life, not daring to hope, too afraid to wish for my dream to come true. And the girl from my dreams remained faceless, still beckoning to me with her smile.

Well, there are times in every man's life when there comes a redefining moment. It just creeps upon him, or just zips past, perhaps too silently and quickly for him to realize that this was that moment. So one fine day, just as it is in those tales, in early January of 2007, with the thrill and the warmth of the new year still fresh, I had one of those moments come visiting.

You said hello, and then they say, my world changed :)

The dream that I dreamt a thousand nights, the dream I thought would never come true, the girl who I thought no one could ever be. Was it you ? I didnt know, but I now dared to hope, dared to wish for it to come true. Then came the best year of my life, filled with a thousand little moments of love, of thrill and of an intensity that I thought I could never feel. I discovered what love was, what it meant to wish someone all the happiness in the world and how wonderful it felt to care for someone even above yourself. In you my dear, I discovered my soulmate, and through you I discovered me.

So now when I go to sleep, I still dream. And amidst all those weird, loony dreams that I generally have, there still comes the dream of that girl. The one who smiles and holds my hand while she walks beside. She has grown more beautiful, and her love a lot stronger. She glows with a happiness most beautiful, and speaks to me in tones that speak of love. And she no longer remains faceless because You my dear, now reside in my dreams as much as in my heart.

This I know, my love, will be the way it will be, forever and ever....

Looks like we have another Stephanie Meyer in the making! :) Jokes apart, I wish the both of you happy times ahead.

And if she hasn't fallen for you yet, this post should surely do it. ;)

Hmmm Vampire Romance ehh ... nopes Adarsh ... no such luck pal :D

This is as corny as I get ... now I have retired from the land of the corn...lol

Nopes, did not need this post to do the trick .... hehe... Thnx for the wishes buddy ...

Post a Comment